White Bean Chicken Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Canola Oil
- 2 cup(s) yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano
- 3 can(s) Great Northern Beans, rinsed & drained (15.8oz cans)
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) chopped or shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes for chili
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes or until tender and golden. Add chili powder, garlic and cumin and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add oregano and beans and cook for 30 more seconds. Add broth and cook 20 minutes.
- 2. Place 2 cups of the bean mixture into a blender (or cup for an immersion blender) and process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to the pot. Add chicken and tomatoes and cook over medium-low for another 30 minutes. Add cilantro, lime juice, salt & pepper. Serve.
- Yields 8 (1 cup) servings. Weight Watchers Points Plus: 7 per serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews