White Bean Bruschetta
This recipe calls for a baguette, a crispy-crusted long, thin loaf of French bread. You can substitute a loaf of regular French bread instead.
Yield: 2 dozenappetizers.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 40
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French baguette
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (packed without oil)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Lightly coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes and water in a small bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and finely chop tomatoes. Combine sun-dried tomato, plum tomato, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Combine mashed beans and lemon juice. Spread bean mixture evenly over bread slices. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bean mixture. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note