I did not like this AT ALL. I cannot figure out what it needs but I would not recommend making it. There are lots of great beef soup/stew recipes out there and this one isn't worthy of your time.
White Bean and Beef Soup with Tomatoes and Onions
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 15.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried navy beans
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Rio or other sweet onion
- 4 1/2 cups Beef Stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain beans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper evenly over beef. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove beef from pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Return beef to pan. Add Beef Stock, 2 cups water, and bay leaves, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add beans; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to pan. Cook, uncovered, 45 minutes or until beans are tender, pressing some of the beans against side of pan with wooden spoon to thicken liquid. Discard bay leaves.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Beef Stock.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews