- 2 (10.5-ounce) packages firm tofu
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, rehydrated and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium, low-fat pasta sauce
- Cooking spray
- 18 cooked jumbo macaroni shells
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil (optional)
- calories 444
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 24.1 g
- carbohydrate 65.5 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 162 mg
- calcium 245 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place tofu in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon tofu onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape back into processor using a rubber spatula; add beans and next 6 ingredients (beans through garlic) and pulse until beans are coarsely chopped.
Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup tofu mixture into each shell. Arrange shells in dish. Spoon remaining pasta sauce over shells; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.
Note: Prepare extra macaroni shells to allow for breakage.