White Bean and Sage Patties
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) cooked white beans or 1 1/2 15 oz cans
- 1/2 whole(s) shallot finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) carrot finely grated
- 1/3 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh sage chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Transfer beans to a bowl and mash. Stir in the shallot, carrot, cornmeal and sage. Season with salt and pepper. If mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of reserved liquid.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Form bean mixture into 12 patties (about 2.5" in diameter) and saute in batches until golden brown and crisp (2-3 minutes per side). Keep warm in 200 degree oven if necessary. Season patties with salt before serving.
- Serving tip: These are delicious with fresh tomato sauce or slow-roasted tomatoes. Ketchup will also do the trick for kids.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Bean and Sage Patties Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes