I haven't even tried the recipe, and I'm already "ticked off."......There's no way to print the recipe on one page....without the advertisement and/or coupon....you're wasting my ink and paper! Why should I bother with your site?
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes.
Yield: Makes 20 servings (serving size: 1 slice bread with about 2 1/2 teaspoons bean mixture)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut into 20 (1-inch-thick) slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place baguette slices on baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Bake 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. While the bread is toasting, warm remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add beans, and cook 2 minutes to warm through. Add salt and pepper. Mash about half the beans with a large fork.
- 3. Add chopped roasted red bell pepper to bean mixture. Allow to warm through, and remove from heat. Top crostini evenly with bean mixture; garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White-Bean-and-Roasted-Red-Pepper Crostini Recipe at a Glance