- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium-size white onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 poblano chile, seeded, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans white beans (such as cannellini or great Northern), drained and rinsed
- 3 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
How to Make It
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add pork, and cook, stirring until crumbled and no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain pork, and set aside. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in Dutch oven over medium. Add onion, poblano, garlic, green chiles, cumin, and salt, and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Increase heat to high. Stir in beans, broth, and pork, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 40 minutes. Add cheese and lime juice, and stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.