White Asparagus with Pistachio Polonaise
A crunchy Polonaise topping is irresistible whether sprinkled over asparagus, cauliflower, fried fish or steamed rice.
Yield: 4 SIDE-DISH SERVINGS
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 1/2 pounds white asparagus, peeled, or green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the pistachios in a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- 2. Steam the asparagus until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, season with salt and toss to coat, then transfer to a platter. Coarsely grate the eggs over the top. Sprinkle with the nuts, chives, parsley and tarragon and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables