Whiskey soy ginger chicken marinade-stefanie
This a simple, yummy chicken marinade. It almost resembles a teriyaki flavor off the grill and serving the rest of the sauce over lets you really get the flavor of the chicken! I would actually recommend doubling the recipe if you like extra sauce as when its reduced down, it leaves a little bit to serve.
Yield: 4 servings ( Serving Size: 4 )
Community Recipe from
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast or thighs with or w/o skin
- 1 ounce(s) whiskey
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly grated ginger (fresh makes a difference)
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime- or 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-lock freezer back. Squeeze all the air out of bag and let the chicken marinate, preferably overnight, but even 1 hour is fine. 15 min prior to grilling, drain the marinade into a small pot and reserve. Let chicken sit on the counter so that it can come to room temperature. Boil the reserved marinade and keep at a steady simmer for 5 minutes to cook and thicken.
- Heat BBQ grill on high. Grill chicken skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nice and golden brown. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium, brush with cooked marinade and close cover. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of vegetable side or brown rice and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by USMCRDWives and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes