Whiskey soy ginger chicken marinade-stefanie
This a simple, yummy chicken marinade. It almost resembles a teriyaki flavor off the grill and serving the rest of the sauce over lets you really get the flavor of the chicken! I would actually recommend doubling the recipe if you like extra sauce as when its reduced down, it leaves a little bit to serve.
Yield: 4 servings ( Serving Size: 4 )
Community Recipe from
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast or thighs with or w/o skin
- 1 ounce(s) whiskey
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly grated ginger (fresh makes a difference)
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime- or 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-lock freezer back. Squeeze all the air out of bag and let the chicken marinate, preferably overnight, but even 1 hour is fine. 15 min prior to grilling, drain the marinade into a small pot and reserve. Let chicken sit on the counter so that it can come to room temperature. Boil the reserved marinade and keep at a steady simmer for 5 minutes to cook and thicken.
- Heat BBQ grill on high. Grill chicken skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nice and golden brown. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium, brush with cooked marinade and close cover. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of vegetable side or brown rice and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by USMCRDWives and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note