Whiskey Sour Slushies
We use brewed tea in this favorite Collins drink, also known as Tennessee Tea when paired with Jack Daniel's whiskey. Instead of freezing, you can chill and serve over ice.
Yield: Makes about 15 cups
- 4 regular-size tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 cups water
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups whiskey
- Lemon-lime soft drink
- Combine tea bags and 2 cups boiling water; steep 10 minutes.
- Bring sugar, 7 cups water, orange juice concentrate, and lemonade concentrate to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in whiskey; cool.
- Freeze in zip-top plastic bags or plastic containers at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Break up with fork.
- Scoop 1/2 cup mixture into a cocktail glass. Fill glass with lemon-lime soft drink. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jack Daniel's whiskey.
- Whiskey Sour: Chill instead of freezing. Pour 1/2 cup mixture into a cocktail glass with ice. Fill glass with lemon-lime soft drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages