We use brewed tea in this favorite Collins drink, also known as Tennessee Tea when paired with Jack Daniel's whiskey.
Yield: Makes about 15 cups
- 4 regular-size tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 cups water
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups whiskey
- Lemon-lime soft drink
- Combine tea bags and 2 cups boiling water; steep 10 minutes.
- Bring sugar, 7 cups water, orange juice concentrate, and lemonade concentrate to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in whiskey and tea; cool.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Pour 1/2 cup mixture into a cocktail glass with ice. Fill glass with lemon-lime soft drink. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jack Daniel's whiskey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages