This is a good receipe, except for things: 1) The garlic is overcooked if roasted for :45. I had to toss out my garlic cloves because they were burned and dried-out. 2) No enough liquid for really "fluffy" potatoes. I had to add a fe TBSP of sour cream to keep them from being too dry.
Whipped Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes; remove garlic, and set aside. Return potatoes to oven, and bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Let potatoes stand 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel potatoes, discarding skins, and transfer to a large bowl. Squeeze garlic pulp from cloves into bowl with potatoes.
- 3. Add cream and 1/4 cup hot water to potatoes and garlic. Beat with an electric mixer 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Stir in butter; season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note