This recipe was incredibly easy to make, to the point that I wondered how it would taste because the ingredients were so simple. I made Step 1 the night before and kept it in the fridge overnight, taking it out about 30-45 minutes before I made the whipped cream and folded it in. It sat out for about an hour before I was ready to serve it and I did notice it liquified a little bit versus retaining its whipped consistency. The flavor was remarkable when I taste tested it. I had cut fresh corn directly off the cob for this dish and you could certainly tell it was fresh corn. I loved having the whole kernels to give each bite pop and texture. By the end of my helping I was kinda tired of it and one of my guests said the same thing, but I would definitely make this recipe again.
Whipped-Cream Corn Salad
Whipped-Cream Corn Salad is a quick, no-cook side dish that highlights one of summer's favorite bounty's.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. Process 1 cup fresh corn kernels in a blender or food processor 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Stir together pureed corn, 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- 2. Beat cream at high speed with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Fold into corn mixture. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir gently. Serve immediately, or let stand up to 2 hours.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 1. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, and proceed with recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This