Whipped Cream-Chocolate Sauce
- 1 1/2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water (105° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup hot milk (105° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over boiling water. Add sugar, hot water, and milk, stirring well.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir one-fourth of chocolate mixture into yolks; add to remaining chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over boiling water 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt. Remove from heat. Cool completely. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold beaten whites into chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note