Whipped Cream Caramel Frosting
Shy away from making caramel frosting? No worries here-- this is the easiest caramel frosting ever. It takes its time firming up, so there's no need to rush while frosting the layers.
This recipe goes with Whipped Cream Caramel Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let cool 1 hour. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Sift powdered sugar into icing. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy and spreading consistency.
- Fix It Faster: This impressive cake also works well as a 2-layer cake if you don't want to split the layers. You'll have some frosting leftover, but that was okay with us!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note