This cake is beautiful and delicious. It is the perfect special occasion cake.
Whipped Cream Caramel Cake
Yield: Yield: 1 (4-layer) cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream Caramel Frosting
- 2 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars, coarsely broken
- 1 (4.5-ounce) package dark chocolate-covered almonds, halved (we tested with Dove)
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 26 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. (This step enables you to split layers with ease.)
- Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer on a cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup Whipped Cream Caramel Frosting. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 layers. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Decorate cake with broken toffee bars and chocolate-covered almonds. Store in refrigerator.
- Fix It Faster: This impressive cake also works well as a 2-layer cake if you don't want to split the layers. You'll have some frosting leftover, but that was okay with us!
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts