These are very good. I didn't change a thing. They are also good with a cream cheese frosting. I am not sure why, but I got 18 cupcakes even filling them all the way.I want to know where I can buy the bowls (cups) in the picture.
Whole Wheat Carrot-Nut Muffins
Whole Wheat Carrot-Nut Muffins are everything you love about carrot cake with plenty of cinnamon and cloves for added spice.
More From Coastal Living
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2. Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in walnuts. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in carrots. Stir carrot mixture into flour mixture just until moist. (Do not overmix; batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- 3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
- VARIATION: Stir 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut into dry ingredients. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note