- 1 cup uncooked wheat berries (hard winter wheat)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 240
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 7.2 g
- carbohydrate 36.8 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 284 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place wheat berries and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above wheat berries, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Drain.
Place pistachios on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly, and chop.
Combine oil, juice, honey, coriander, ginger, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add hot wheat berries and raisins; stir well to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
Add nuts, 1/4 cup green onions, and cilantro to wheat berry mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with goat cheese.