Wheat Berry Arugula Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) wheat berries
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat penne (dry measure)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano, shaved
- Toast wheat berries in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant and beginning to darken, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 quarts of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and continue to simmer, stirring often, until tender, about 1 hour. Add penne for final 10 min. of cooking or cook separately, according to instructions.
- While wheat berries are simmering, combine lemon juice through red onion in a large mixing bowl. Drain wheat berries and pasta, and rinse with ice water to cool. Stir into bowl, add garbanzo beans and arugula; adjust seasoning. Stir in cherry tomatoes and top with parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amybrowntown and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes