Wheat Berry Arugula Salad
Perfect whole-grain summer side dish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) wheat berries
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat penne (dry measure)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano, shaved
- Toast wheat berries in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant and beginning to darken, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 quarts of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and continue to simmer, stirring often, until tender, about 1 hour. Add penne for final 10 min. of cooking or cook separately, according to instructions.
- While wheat berries are simmering, combine lemon juice through red onion in a large mixing bowl. Drain wheat berries and pasta, and rinse with ice water to cool. Stir into bowl, add garbanzo beans and arugula; adjust seasoning. Stir in cherry tomatoes and top with parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amybrowntown and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note