What the fudge
- 12 ounce(s) evaporated milk
- 4.5 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 pound(s) butter
- 24 ounce(s) dark chocolate chips
- 12 ounce(s) chocolate chips
- 10 ounce(s) marshmallows
- In a medium pot, add evaporated milk and put on low. Stir in sugar. Continue to stir every minute or two until other preparations are done (and it's time to boil).
- Optional - Chop marshmallows if they're large, not if they're small. If you want chunks of marshmallows in the fudge don't chop them.
- Put marshmallows and 12 ounces each of dark and regular (semi sweet) chocolate chips in bowl, with butter and vanilla.
- Turn pot up to high and continue to stir sugar/evaporated milk until it boils. Continue to stir/scrape pot for 5 minutes while boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture into bowl and stir until butter is melted and mixture is pretty smooth. If you opted for chunks of marshmallows, you can't leave those big.
- Grease glass square/rectangular dish with melted/soft butter. The bigger the pan the shorter the pieces. The fudge will be really rich so you don't want pieces that are too big/thick.
- Add last 12 ounces of chocolate chips, stir one time (so chips don't melt) and pour into dish.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours, or until fudge is hard. From then, it can be placed in the freezer for longer or kept in the fridge.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by foresterh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note