Time: 20 minutes. A fresh take on the classic mayonnaisey Waldorf, this salad works as a side dish, a main course (if you add chicken), or even--with a spoonful of plain yogurt--as a light dessert.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 27mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon roasted walnut or almond oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Pink Lady apples (or another sweet-tart variety such as Jonathan or Piñata)
- 1/2 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 large tangerines, peeled and sections cut in half
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk apple juice, oil, salt, cinnamon, and pepper until blended.
- 2. Core apples, cut into thin wedges, and cut wedges in half crosswise. In a salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over fruit and nuts and mix gently to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note