I enjoyed this omelet! The ham mixed really well with the peppers and onion! I will be making it again. I made some simple hash browns for the side. Even good for dinner too!
Our Western Omelet delivers the classic diner-style overstuffed package brimming with bell peppers, ham, and cheese--perfect for a light breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 20.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 390mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 179mg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices onion
- 1/3 cup (1-inch) slices red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup (1-inch) slices green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 ounces chopped 33%-less-sodium ham
- 1 ounce shredded Swiss cheese (about 1/4 cup), divided
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Stir in onion, bell peppers, thyme, and ham; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from pan; set aside. Clean pan.
- 3. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of egg mixture to pan, tilting pan to spread evenly; cook 1 minute or until edges begin to set. Lift edge of omelet with a rubber spatula, tilting pan to roll uncooked egg mixture onto bottom of pan. Repeat procedure on opposite edge of omelet. Cook 1 minute or until center is just set. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese evenly over omelet. Sprinkle half of vegetable mixture over cheese. Run spatula around edges and under omelet to loosen it from pan; fold in half. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat procedure with remaining oil, egg mixture, cheese, and vegetable mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note