I really liked this recipe. Creamy, spicy, comfort food and quick. I added garbonzo beans to make it more hearty and filling. Used vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. Served it with rice to soak up the sauce.
West African Peanut Stew
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 27.1g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced onion (1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green bell pepper (1 large)
- 5 cups diced peeled sweet potato (3 medium)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion and bell pepper; coat with cooking spray. Sauté 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in sweet potato and next 6 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews