Weight Watchers Provencal Beef Stew
Pureed beans add a wonderfully thick texture to this robust beef stew. It&39;s a simple, nutritious way to thicken any beanbased soup. 4 WW Points
4 Points Ww: 0 Minute
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) lean beef round, cut into 1inch cubes (London Broil)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) mushroom(s), sliced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 large carrot(s), sliced
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned beef broth, divided
- 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp thyme, or 2 whole sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Place beef in a 5quart slow cooker.
- Coat a 12inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saut over mediumhigh heat for 5 minutes. Add onion mixture to slow cooker; add carrots.
- Place half of beans in slow cooker; place remaining beans in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to blender and puree; spoon mixture into slow cooker. Add remaining broth, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme before serving. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NJDebbi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note