Easy, had most of the stuff on hand to make it. I didn't have cream so subbed in some light sour cream and milk. I think the soup mix makes it pretty salty; you could probably try cooking some onions with the mushrooms and get a similar effect. Decent recipe, though.
Weeknight Pork Chops
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook in hot oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add orange juice and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Transfer chops to a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Stir whipping cream into reserved drippings; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This