Weeknight green curry shrimp
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion Diced
- 1 pound(s) Shrimp Peeled and patted dry
- 1 cup(s) Coconut milk ( not low fat)
- 4 teaspoon(s) Green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) fish sauce Optional
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions Diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh basil Chopped
- Snap peas Optional
- brown rice Optional
- In a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil.
- Add the diced onion and cook while stirring for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and saute for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are pink, curled up, and cooked all the way through.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour in the coconut milk along with the green curry paste. Be careful to mash up the green curry paste with the back of the cooking spoon so it will be absorbed into the milk. Pour in the fish sauce, if using.
- Once the coconut milk has slightly thickened and the paste is bound with the sauce turn off the heat. Sprinkle the green onions and basil over top of the green curry shrimp and serve with whole grain rice and a vegetable.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jm4485 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes