1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes until the meat has lost its pink color and starts to brown. Stir in the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 more minute.
2. Pour 1 cup of the wine into the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of pepper, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt, a splash of olive oil and the pasta. Cook according to the directions on the box.
4. While the pasta cooks, finish the sauce. Add the nutmeg, basil, cream and remaining 1/4 cup wine to the sauce. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into a large serving bowl. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup parmesan and toss well. Or, for KIDS: leave the sauce and parmesan on the side and plate them all separately. Serve with additional parmesan on the side.
Go to full version of