Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef (sirloin)
- 4 teaspoon(s) garlic minced (4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 1/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- 28 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 3/4 pound(s) pasta (shells or whatever you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes until the meat has lost its pink color and starts to brown. Stir in the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 more minute.
- 2. Pour 1 cup of the wine into the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of pepper, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt, a splash of olive oil and the pasta. Cook according to the directions on the box.
- 4. While the pasta cooks, finish the sauce. Add the nutmeg, basil, cream and remaining 1/4 cup wine to the sauce. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into a large serving bowl. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup parmesan and toss well. Or, for KIDS: leave the sauce and parmesan on the side and plate them all separately. Serve with additional parmesan on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Weeknight Bolognese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes