Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon (preferably thick cut) sliced into lardons
- 1 whole(s) onion (large) chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2 whole(s) carrots chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 2 can(s) great northern or other white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 whole(s) bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes drained
- 1 1/4 cup(s) garlic bread crumbs see other recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry the chicken well and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large Dutch oven, over medium-low heat, add the bacon and slowly render the fat. Remove the bacon when crispy and drain on paper towels. Drain off some of the bacon fat leaving enough in the pan to brown the chicken.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Brown the chicken on both sides and then remove to a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce by half.
- Stir in the beans, bay leaf and thyme. Nestle the chicken thighs and bacon into the pot. Add the chicken stock, cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the lid and top the cassoulet with diced tomatoes and the Garlic Bread Crumbs. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cred222 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Weekday Cassoulet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
More Recipes for Main Dishes