Wednesday Night Chili
This has all the bells and whistles of any other chili, so it will make you have to go to the bathroom, but don't go with Mom if you've been misbehaving in a restaraunt!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (97/3)
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 pound of stew beef or beef for shish-ka-bobs
- 3 chili seasoning packets
- 3 cans of tomato sauce
- 3 cans of petite-cut stewed tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of mild chili beans
- 1 can of medium chili beans
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 jar of chunky salsa
- PAM cooking spray
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- oyster crackers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
- jar of chopped jalapeno pepper
- cooked pasta
- Spray pan with PAM. Place ground beef and one seasoning pack in the pan over high heat. Salt and pepper. While it's browning, cut up the steak into pieces small enough to fit on a teaspoon. Once the ground beef is cooked, transfer it to a large pot.
- Put the bite-sized steak pieces and a chili seasoning pack into the hot pan. Salt and pepper. You may need to spray the pan again with a little cooking spray if the pan looks dry or if the steak sticks. Once the steak is cooked to about medium-rare or medium (it will cook more in the pot), remove the steakand put it into the large pot (but leave all the juices in the pan).
- Add the turkey and the last seasoning pack into the hot pan. Salt and pepper. Again, if it starts to stick, add more spray. When the turkey is finished cooking, add it to the big pot.
- Pour all the tomato sauce, beans, salsa, most of the chopped onions and tomatoes (everything but the kitchen sink) into the pot. Heat over medium-high. Keep stirring to make sure it doesn't burn. Once it's hot, it's ready!!
- Put out cheddar cheese, left-over raw onions, oyster crackers, hot sauce, chopped jalapenos and cooked pasta for the pains in the asses who won't just eat it and shut up!!!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kristine1979 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wednesday Night Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes