Wedge Salad with Pimiento Cheese Dressing
From the kitchen of Michal Thornton, thehumidity.blogspot.com, Gulfport, MS "Creamy pimiento cheese is a delicious Southern twist on the typical blue cheese dressing."
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 ounces mild andouille sausage, diced
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 iceberg lettuce wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sauté sausage in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towels, and cool. Drain pimiento; reserve 1 Tbsp pimiento. Process Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, hot sauce, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and remaining pimiento in a food processor or blender 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Add reserved 1 Tbsp. pimiento, and pulse 2 times or just until blended. (Mixture should be slightly chunky.) Place lettuce wedges, cut sides up, on plates, and drizzle with pimiento cheese dressing. Top each wedge with diced sausage and 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note