For the frosting be sure to soften the butter and beat the cream butter mixture to a creamy solid - like whipped cream - before adding the sugar. Mine turned out great!
Wedding Cake Cupcakes
Wedding Cake is without a doubt the bestselling cupcake at Dreamcakes. It's the cupcake that started it all. Jan Moon has used this cake for her wedding cakes for 20 years. There is just something about the combination of flavors and possibly the memories it evokes from weddings or grandmother's kitchen that keeps this flavor sensation at the top of the list.
- White Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Wedding Cake Frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16-oz.) packages powdered sugar
- White sparkling sugar
- Gum paste roses
- Edible pearl candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Prepare 2 recipes of frosting. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed 2 minutes or until creamy. Makes 3 cups.
- Fill each cupcake with Wedding Cake Frosting. To fill cupcakes, insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of the cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip-top plastic freezer bag with filling or frosting. Use scissors or kitchen shears to snip about 1/4 inch from one corner of the bag; insert bag into the hole in the cupcake. Squeeze gently until filling comes to the top of each cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with sparkling sugar, gum paste roses, and edible pearls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note