- 4 pounds yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices (14 cups sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups diced white onion
- 2/3 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook squash in boiling water to cover 8 minutes or until tender. Drain well, and press gently between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir together onion mixture, soup, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in squash and breadcrumbs. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.