Great flavor combinations. Great color. Love the goat cheese.
Wax Bean, Roasted Pepper, and Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese
A tart vinaigrette dresses this fresh combination of mild-tasting wax beans, sweet roasted red bell pepper, and juicy cherry tomatoes. Pungent goat cheese adds an extra dimension of flavor. To save time, you can use bottled roasted red bell peppers; just rinse them well to remove as much of the briny flavor as possible.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 63
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 289mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound wax beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, and discard the seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil pepper halves 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- Bring 2 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add bell pepper strips, tomatoes, onions, and parsley; toss to combine.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cider vinegar, and remaining ingredients except goat cheese, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wax Bean, Roasted Pepper, and Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This