Wax Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing
Yield: Makes: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 12 ounces cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 fresh Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces wax beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Season tomatoes and shallot with salt. Toss with chile, vinegar and 1/4 cup oil. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Boil wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to ice water and let cool to room temperature. Drain again. Cut beans into 2-inch lengths at an angle.
- 3. Combine goat cheese, lime juice, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. water and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Toss with beans until well coated.
- 4. Place wax beans in 6 serving dishes. Transfer tomato mixture with a little marinade to beans. Season salad with black pepper, tear basil leaves on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This