Wax Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 12 ounces cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 fresh Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces wax beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Season tomatoes and shallot with salt. Toss with chile, vinegar and 1/4 cup oil. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Boil wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to ice water and let cool to room temperature. Drain again. Cut beans into 2-inch lengths at an angle.
- 3. Combine goat cheese, lime juice, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. water and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Toss with beans until well coated.
- 4. Place wax beans in 6 serving dishes. Transfer tomato mixture with a little marinade to beans. Season salad with black pepper, tear basil leaves on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note