- 12 ounces cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 fresh Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces wax beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- calories 127
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 7 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 117 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Season tomatoes and shallot with salt. Toss with chile, vinegar and 1/4 cup oil. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Boil wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to ice water and let cool to room temperature. Drain again. Cut beans into 2-inch lengths at an angle.
Combine goat cheese, lime juice, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. water and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Toss with beans until well coated.
Place wax beans in 6 serving dishes. Transfer tomato mixture with a little marinade to beans. Season salad with black pepper, tear basil leaves on top and serve.