We streamlined Amy Tornquist's version while still maintaining its wonderful fluffy texture by whisking whole eggs with the other liquid ingredients.
Southern Living APRIL 2009
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Grease a 2 1/2-qt. soufflé dish with 1 Tbsp. butter. Dust with 2 Tbsp. cornmeal. (Tap dish lightly to remove excess cornmeal.)
2. Combine 1 1/4 cups cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
3. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and whisk into cornmeal mixture, whisking until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp. butter, whisking until butter is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; whisk into cornmeal mixture. Pour cornmeal mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and center is almost set. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of