A refreshing combination for summer. Loved it.
Watermelon with Tangy Granita
Juicy-crisp watermelon chunks turn extra-refreshing with a cold topping of slushy cucumber-lime granita. If you have access to both, use red and yellow watermelon.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 43.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup packed mint leaves
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 8 cups (3/4-inch) cubed watermelon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes; cool completely. Place syrup, juice, and next 6 ingredients (through cucumber) in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm, stirring with a fork every 45 minutes. Remove mixture from freezer; scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.
- 2. Place watermelon cubes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups watermelon mixture into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with about 1/2 cup granita.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Watermelon with Tangy Granita Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This