This recipe doubles as a healthful and refreshing topping for grilled, baked, or broiled fish, shrimp, or chicken.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups seeded and finely chopped watermelon
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add watermelon and next 4 ingredients, gently tossing to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Stir in salt just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note