- 2 cups balled or cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 green or yellow sweet pepper, cored and cut into small chunks
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- Juice of 2 large limes, about 1/3 cup
- Dash hot-pepper sauce, optional
How to Make It
In a medium bowl, mix watermelon, pepper, scallions, parsley, if desired, and lime juice. Add hot-pepper sauce to taste, if desired (a drop will simply add flavor; for adults, you may want to add more). Chill for about an hour before serving.
How kids can help: Scoop out melon balls; squeeze lime juice; mix ingredients.