Watermelon Salad with Vidalia Onion Vinagrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- pinch(s) sea salt
- 2/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 4 2 inch slice of watermelon
- sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 ripe avocados halved, pitted, and peeled
- 4 ounce(s) chevre
- 8 basil leaves
- 1. In a medium bowl, add the Vidalia onion, vinegar, honey and salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Slowly whisk in the canola oil until the mixture is emulsified
- 2. Place a watermelon slice on each plate and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice each avocado half, maintaining each half’s natural shape. Season each half with sea salt and cracked pepper. Place one of each seasoned half on top of each watermelon slice.
- 3. Crumble an ounce of chèvre over each plate. Tear the basil leaves into pieces and distribute over the four plates. Drizzle the Vidalia-onion vinaigrette over each plate and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraEFine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Watermelon Salad with Vidalia Onion Vinagrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads