I thought this was a lovely refreshing summer salad. I left out the mint (not a fan) and used goat feta instead of cow feta. The salty creaminess of the cheese really pulls the flavours together.
Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions and Feta
The sharpness of pickled onions offers a pleasing contrast to crisp, juicy watermelon and salty, creamy feta cheese.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add onion mixture, watermelon, and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Arrange watermelon mixture on a platter. Top with cheese, mint, and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads