Tipsy Red-and-Yellow Watermelon Salad
Tipsy Red-and-Yellow Watermelon Salad gets its name from the marinade that contains vodka and black raspberry liqueur. This pretty and easy to prepare spiked-fruit salad is perfect for summer gatherings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 1/2 (6-lb.) red watermelon
- 1/2 (6-lb.) yellow watermelon
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 10 to 12 lemons)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup black raspberry liqueur
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Scoop watermelons into balls using various size melon ballers, and place watermelon in a large bowl.
- 2. Whisk together lemon juice and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour lemon juice mixture over watermelon balls; gently stir to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
- 3. Gently toss watermelon balls. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note