"Tomato, melon make a tasty pair" by Michael Hastings. Martha Claire Henzler got this recipe from her aunt, Bert Smith of Newport News, VA. To toast the pecans, bake them spread out on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 6 or 7 minutes. Cool before using. Recipe Swap. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: August 17, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 cup(s) cubed watermelon
- 2 to 3 cup(s) chopped tomatoes (not overripe, seed if too runny)
- 1 package(s) mixed salad greens (medium size, or to taste)
- 1 cup(s) crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped pecans, toasted
- Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) red pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated onion
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- Mix watermelon, tomatoes, greens in a bowl. Whisk all dressing ingredients except oil; add oil gradually until blended. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss. Gently add cheese and pecans just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note