- 1/2 (6-lb.) red watermelon
- 1/2 (6-lb.) yellow watermelon
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 10 to 12 lemons)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup black raspberry liqueur
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
How to Make It
Scoop watermelons into balls using various size melon ballers, and place watermelon in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour lemon juice mixture over watermelon balls; gently stir to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
Gently toss watermelon balls. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon.