I served this refreshing drink to the parents of my son's tennis team. Everyone wanted the recipe. It's my new "signature" drink!!!
Watermelon Rum Slush
Notes: Freeze the melon chunks up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 6 cups; 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 5.7%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 4.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 piece (3 1/2 lb.) seedless watermelon
- 3/4 cup pineapple or white grape juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup rum or more fruit juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. Cut rind off watermelon and discard. Cut fruit into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 2. Line a 10- by 15-inch pan with plastic wrap. Arrange fruit on wrap in a single layer. Freeze until firm, 1 to 2 hours; if making ahead, transfer frozen chunks to a freezer bag.
- 3. In a blender, combine half the pineapple juice, rum, and lemon juice. Whirl, gradually dropping in half the frozen watermelon chunks, until smoothly puréed. Sweeten to taste with sugar and pour into a pitcher or directly into glasses. Repeat to make a second batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages