Watermelon Radish and Goat Cheese Salad
A watermelon radish is, on first glance, a plain greenish-white root. But slice it open and it reveals a stunning fuchsia interior. They're also known as red-meat or beauty-heart radishes, and you can find seeds at Kitazawa Seed Company (kitazawaseed.com). We love their mild flavor in this simple salad.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 7.2g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- 2 watermelon radishes (8 1/2 oz. total), peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup dill fronds
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Put all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine. Assemble salads on 4 plates, and top each salad with crumbled cheese.
Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note