Watermelon, Pineapple, and Pecan Salsa
For a fun, tropical twist, try macadamia nuts instead of pecans. Serve with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips: Follow the tortilla chips recipe in Avocado-Corn Dip with Homemade Tortilla Chips, but generously sprinkle with ground cinnamon instead of salt.
- 2 pineapples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 ripe watermelon, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, halved crosswise and toasted, or pine nuts, toasted
- Combine pineapple and watermelon in a large bowl. Combine rind and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour lime mixture over fruit, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note