Fantastic!! A great recipe to use those "not so sweet, early season" watermelons. I substituted red onions for the chives and reduced the pepper jelly to 1/4 cup and used 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to the mix. I think next time I make this, I will add feta cheese and maybe some grapes.
Watermelon-Peach Salsa and Tomatoes
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups seeded and diced fresh watermelon
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- 1. Whisk together pepper jelly, lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl; stir in watermelon and next 3 ingredients.
- 2. Season halved baby tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; spoon into cocktail glasses. Top with salsa. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note