I've made this salad twice, exactly as the recipe states (except for increasing the dressing quantity) and it is fantastic. I will definitely make again! A great summer salad - refreshing and delicious.
Watermelon, Mâche, and Pecan Salad
Mâche, a tender heirloom variety of lamb's lettuce, has a slightly sweet, nutty flavor, but the salad is equally good prepared with baby lettuces.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 7 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) package mâche, thoroughly washed
- Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- 2. Combine watermelon and mâche in a large bowl; add vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Transfer watermelon mixture to a serving platter, and sprinkle evenly with pecans and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note